Monday, April 23, 2007

Shark teeth and Oranges




I am in the Peace River searching for fossils with the sifter Dennis and I built. Lucky Dennis is handy. It works just as it is supposed to. The noodle floats attached to the outside keep it above water after shoveling gravel onto the screen. We attach it to us with a rope or we also have a stake to place it into the riverbed so it does not float away.
Here I am sorting shark's teeth and identifying them. See the table with the lineup. We have several books to work with and now that we are home we are working with online sites. We have many other great fossils and are Identifying them also. ( ie horse teeth 3 millions years old etc. ) The University in Gainesville will help you id fossils if you send pictures to them. Such fun!!Come join us!!! I will add more great fossils photos.

1 comment:

AmyJo said...

Hmmmm, I can't help but wonder if it is a good idea for you to be wading in water where you are finding shark's teeth? Seems a little dangerous to me :) But you guys seem to laugh in the face of danger, running after hurricanes and all :)